Sunday, November 21, 2010

of picnics...

 I remember during my schools days in Shillong, i used to hate Sundays, why? because, Sundays meant going for trekking. No offence, i love everything that involves nature and being at one with nature but somehow i never could manage to get the hang of it. Picnics, hunting and fishing trips is another that i'm not much into either. I remember how my friends used to give me the 'look' as i declared my lack of enthusiasm for any of the ones i just mentioned, while they rave on and on. No offence, but I'm not much of an outdoor,nature-loving, adventure-seeking kind of a person.
 Out of sheer boredom and the monotony of everything happening around me,  i decided to do something that normally wouldn't make me raise an eyebrow. And so, yesterday, on a picnic i went, with some friends. Why did i decide to go on the picnic? simple!! Because I was bored at home and was seeking for something out-of-the -ordinary. Turns out,  I had so much FUNNNNNN!!!! and by fun i mean, getting sloshed in mud, i didn't fish but i happened to taste one of the tastiest fish and game ever, and yes, the alcohol did manage to add a few notches up on the 'fun-bar'.  I also ended up meeting some interesting, cool people, which is always a good thing and being single and free, what do i got to loose. Speaking of single, i happened to be the only 'single', unattached female amongst the lot, which is turning out to be a routine for me lately( the odd one out types).
 By at the end of the day, after the mud-slosh, the beer, the jokes,the mouth-watering food,and the company, I came to the conclusion that picnics are not so bad after all and neither is it so bad to do something once in a while certain things that you thought you wouldn't enjoy. Because this weekend definitely taught me that one must be open to experience new things in life because you never know, something surprisingly pleasant might just result. It was a good weekend, I'm glad it was good one...

2 comments:

  1. u met new ppl??????????wow.....anybody interesting??

    ReplyDelete
  2. its how you perceive that makes each person interesting... gosh..m getting all philosophical.. :D

    ReplyDelete