Friday, February 18, 2011

chicken-chilly to salad


"you change your mind like a girl changes clothes
Yeah, you pms like a bitch, I would know
You're hot then you're cold, you're in then you're out…."
hot and cold-Katy Perry

The first time I heard this song, I couldn’t believe my ears because I have been through this kinda hell and back a million times before. I thought to myself after listening to it, I'm not the only one in the world!!
just few days ago, I was in for a surprise when I got a call from one of my bffs (she might kill me for blogging about this , but on my defense, this is for general awareness)  about some issues she had with a guy, who apparently started acting like a typical jerk.


I'm pretty certain that there are at least three out of five women out there who has experienced being wooed by a guy, acting how much he is into you and all that jazz and next thing you know, he's totally turned into a vegetable, incapable of displaying any sign of emotions. Some days he is calling you up, sweet talking you in his honey-coated tongue but some days he just shuts down, talking to you as if you were just a 'face in the crowd'. Some days he is hot as lava and the next, he is as cold as the Siberian desert. Some days he simply ignores your calls, never bothering to call back, but when he wants to talk, there is no wrong time for him, he calls you at odd hours and expects you to attend them. Imagine calling him at odd hours, he'll be too sleepy to even say hello or will be too busy to talk to you even during normal hours.


something marginally  close to that happened to my bff, and so she she decides to call up the one person who is perpetually on the receiving end of the spectrum. My call of vindication, came from her cry "now I know what you have to go through every now and then". But although she called me up, I wasn’t confident or in a position to give her any worldly words of wisdom because the predicament itself baffles me to no end. All I could manage to say was, "what a jerk!!!we got enough shit to handle, tell him not to dump his on yours!!"


Here's the eternal question, what makes guys go hot and cold? (Help me out a bit here, guys.) Is it the thrill of the chase and suspense in the waiting game that excites and bores them altogether, or the mind games that we play that makes them turn from chicken- chilly to coleslaw salad?? Is it our expectations or their demands that goes wrong?? Is it us or is it them that goes wrong??

 Seriously, what is it???? And I draw a blank there awaiting at least a clue.

4 comments:

  1. So what term do u "womankind" use for this kind of guy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm...good question...m sure you must've figured that by now.. :)but that's beside the point..the question remains..why do u "mankind" act this way......lolzz :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the very few Mysterious "mankind" ways.. Unlike u Womankind,, who seems to have acquired the Tender to Mysterious ways...

    Comin back 2 my question, the "term" Please.. I fit the bill very much.. I have been accused as such,.. many a tyms in the past. We can then try to put forward the Word to Oxford or Collins...:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont know abt you but the ones that i have encountered are called the " selfish, egoistic, ball-less" ones (jerks) lolzzzz.... :D

    ReplyDelete