Friday, March 25, 2011

the new takes over the old


"Its surprising how the grey merges into the white
And all that was hazier
Than a dream becomes brighter
 than reality itself
How two lives touch
Beginning only with peripheries
Then slowly one gets etched onto the other.
Its surprising how miracles takes place
Cant a miracle be called the labour of love?"
Anonymous

For anyone who's ever been in love and lost the one you love, we all know how much of the  pain we go through takes away every being in us. The fact that you have to face life and the reality without the one you love is heart wrenching. But to all those who have been in love and lost love, who thinks that there can be no one other than that person and that you will never be able to love again, let me tell you this - love happens.
And when it does finally happens, you will look back and thank that person for choosing to walk out of your life or you would have never met that wonderful God sent person who is meant for you. You would have never known what real love is really like and how it feels to be loved and not just to love. Be thankful that you have been heart broken before or else you would never how wonderful it feels to be healed. Be thankful that you've tasted the bitterness of your heart being ripped apart into pieces or you would never know how sweet and good it is to have your heart held in someone's loving care. Be thankful for all the tears that you have shed because then only you will realise how good it feels to hear your laughter again.
A year ago, when one of my best friends  met the man of her dreams who would become her husband, I envied her happiness and so wanted a fairy tale ending like hers. She, like me, had also gone through the heartaches and I have seen her heart being ripped apart by someone she loved. Today, a year later, I see her so much in love with her husband and feels the world for her and the happiness she has found. Her life and her eventuality of life inspired me and somehow, in the back of my mind, I knew that the heart does heal and loves again. I thank her for the inspiration.
I've been down the dumps and never thought I'd be able to stand up, thought that I'd never find love again or have the ability to love someone again. Then one fine day, it happened and I believe that this is just the beginning of the best things that are in store for me. Its good to love again and be loved. And the new does take over the old. I tell this again, have faith, patience and keep believing in love. 
I did, and it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment