Friday, April 1, 2011

some random stuff i wrote over the years......

REUNION....................... '05

The crimson evening lit up and painted the grey sky
With multi-colored shades of pink ,indigo, yellow and orange

This July evening
We watch the summer sun hide shyly behind the hazy clouds.

Darkness descends,
Lights fade out,

Stars lit up the ebony sky,
The dark mysterious night embraces the silver moon…

There has been countless nights like this
But tonight, on this July evening
Beneath the star-lit ebony sky,
I have you beside me,
trying to find the man I once held
and called my own.

 tomorrow, these arms would be empty,
Tomorrow you'd be gone,

Tomorrow our worlds separate,
For tomorrow your world
will belong to her.




UNTITLED..................... '07

 Grow old with me...
when our shadows grow taller than us,
when the grey merges with the black,
when the lines on our faces tells the tales of where we've been,
when time no longer sits leisurely on the table,
when everyone leaves and all we have left is you, me and the empty house,
you will still find me, a lil' worn out and shabby,
yet it will still be me,
still the same old, silly, girl you met years ago...
grow old with me, my love,
grow old with for its you my heart has chosen....


CONVERSATIONS..........'05

Let's not talk about the past,
lets not reminisce,
lets not wake up wounded spirits
from their  slumber,
lets not kiss and make up,
lets not pretend and shut away the world
we knew back then,
lets not talk about us,
lets not talk about her.

FEBRUARY 29, 2004.....................

I've counted the days,
lying on this empty expectant bed,
listening to the deafening ticking of the clock
tick, tock, tick tock....

your white cotton shirt still hangs inside the closet
a permanent, indispensable object,
its cheap, stale cologne instilling senses into my brain,
senses familiar to me,
invoking a raging fury in me.

the photographs and the wedding band
lying inside the dark, dingy cabinet
waiting for its cue to emerge.

 the red crossed out marks
for each day that you have been away
awaits for an explanation from you.

i stare blankly at the nakedness of my lone shadow
and the emptiness of my reflection in the mirror

time has stood still
nothing has changed......





1 comment:

  1. Dude,

    Whats your e-mail address. I need to ask you a burning question. Mail me on

    mel.r@live.co.za

    Thanks
    Mel

    ReplyDelete